- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 avocado 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 whole wheat 8-inch tortilla
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added canned black beans
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced or shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon mild jarred salsa
- If the cooked rice is cold, reheat it in the microwave.
- When hot, mix in the Cheddar until the cheese melts.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Mash the avocado and lime juice together in a small bowl with a fork until it becomes a spreadable consistency.
- Lay the tortilla out on a cutting board.
- Spread the mashed avocado on the tortilla, leaving a 1-inch outer border without any avocado.
- In the bottom third of the tortilla, lay out in a log shape the rice, beans, carrots and salsa.
- Roll over once tightly, then tuck in the sides and continue rolling.
- The avocado should help the burrito stay together.
- Cut in half. Wrap in a paper towel, followed by a layer of aluminum foil.
- Serve at room temperature. Per serving: Calories 300; Fat 12 g (Saturated 3.5 g);
Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 500 mg; Carbohydrate 43 g; Protein 9 g; Fiber 8 g; Sugars 2 g