- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked Hi-Lo long Grain Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute onion, celery and peppers in butter over medium heat for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from the heat; set aside. In a saucepan, bring broth to a full boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Quickly stir in Hi-Lo long grain rice, celery mixture, salt if desired and pepper.
- Cover and let stand for 6-7 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
- Yield: 6 servings