- 14-16 raw chicken tenders, thawed if frozen
- salt and pepper
- 6 egg whites
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1 [14-oz.] package of sweetened coconut shreds
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 cup Hi-Lo guava jelly
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (we recommend Sriracha Sauce)
Pinch of salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. jalapeno peppers, diced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (May need two baking sheets depending on the size of your chicken tenders).
- Dump the coconut shreds in a large non-stick skillet, and toast on low heat, stirring constantly, until a golden brown color. Remove from heat, pour in a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Crack the egg whites into a large bowl and set aside.
- Measure the coconut flour into a third large bowl.
- Generously season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Working with one tender at a time, roll the chicken in the flour, then dip in the egg whites. Lastly roll the chicken in the coconut shreds until completely covered.
- Place on the baking sheet and repeat with all the chicken tenders.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Heat the coconut oil in a small saucepan and add the jalapeno peppers. Cook on low heat until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add Hi-Lo Guava Jelly and the rest of the ingredients and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and then pour into a bowl. Place in the fridge to thicken and cool.
- Serve cool.